So you may have noticed that I have started uploading premium stock. Mainly because since taking up photography I have found that my hard drive has thousands of images I don't intend to do anything with. Someone out there may as well get use out of them right?
So here are my rules for using my stock. Read 'em, take note of 'em and go get creative! I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
I hereby grant permission to use my stock images for reference in your own artworks with these few, very simple restrictions...
1) You are required to give appropriate credit to the models where and however possible. My stock is yours to use with your premium purchase so there is no need for crediting me anywhere (unless you want to of course) but a mention for the model goes a long way. It doesn't need to be in big letters on the image, it can be in text in your artworks notes or description, or whatever - but it's your responsibility to acknowledge the hard work of the model who's work has contributed significantly to yours. The models name is on each image they are in so you will know who you are drawing.
2) Please remember the models featured in these images are real human beings. Please be considerate of how they might see themselves and be thoughtful of their feelings. Don't forget they have partners and they have families. Don't paint or draw them doing anything degrading, racist, pornographic, hateful, insulting etc. in any way. Gore, macabre and horror are normally ok to an extent as that's the kind of stuff I like to do myself but if the subject of your artwork is a little on the "risky" side or you are unsure, just send me a note explaining your idea and I'll ask the model if it is ok.
3) You are free to post your works based on my stock all over the internet including social networking sites. Please, as rule number 1 states, maintain a credit to the model where appropriate and possible though.
4) Do not simply take my stock images and upload them to another site with little or no alterations. This will result in a nasty email from me and possibly my lawyer. These stock images are for use by artists be it digital or traditional. They are NOT to be used as content in and of themselves.
5) You can use my stock for any form of art you can think of. Traditional and digital painting, drawing, sculpture, photo-manipulations etc. What you cannot use my stock for however, is for digital retouches. It is important to note that your art must be exactly that. Art. If it is traditional on canvas, paper etc. then all is fine. It takes skill to do that sort of thing and even if it is a direct copy of one of my stock images, you have still created your artwork from scratch using my stock as simply a reference and I applaud you. If however, you are working digitally it must be sufficiently edited otherwise I will ask you to remove the image as a breach of rule 4. For example... Just adding a filter/colour/blur/high contrast/lens flare effect/black+white, cropping the image, adding text just changing the hair/eye/skin colour, just editing out flaws (retouching) or just adding pointy ears, teeth and a tail. Make it your own, otherwise it is still mine.
6) These images are mostly un-touched although they may be slightly colour-corrected and are at high resolution. In most cases I did not remove dust-spots, skin blemishes etc. These images are intended as raw stock.
7) I will often forward copies of pictures to the models if they have expressed an interest in seeing what you do with them. Some of the models may choose to repost your images non-commercially in their personal portfolios/blogs.
8) If you have any questions, ask via email on email@example.com or hit me up with a note on here. If you ask me a question that is already answered here, I will probably not answer as I am a busy fellow.